If you've had beer from Terrapin Beer Co. before then you might be about to hit the roof with the depth of this news update. If you haven't had the pleasure, then you may still want to ready yourself. Because there's a good chance the Athens GA brewery could be reaching further into more and more craft beer markets.
On Tuesday Terrapin offically opened their new facility (here's my post from my visit there recently) with a party, and quite a bit of exciting news. Everything from details about their new facility and new beers in the works…let's take this in small, even sips shall we?
- The new facility adds 75 barrels to their production, going from 25 to 100 big barrels!
- The first beer from the new facility will be Tree Hugger, which is now promoted year round.
- Terrapin will begin canning in 2013 with a sessionable "Recreation Ale".
- Golden Ale will now get special labels saying "Only available in Georgia".
- Maggie's Farmhouse returns in 2013 as Maggie's Peach Farmhouse.
- Hopsecutioner will now also be available in 12-packs.
- New release in 2013 – White Chocolate Moo-Hoo.
- New release in 2013 – French Toast Wake & Bake
Oh my goodness.